All Greeters and Greeter destinations share the same core values:
- Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city or destination
- Greeters welcome individuals and can serve small groups of up to six people
- Meeting a Greeter is free of charge
- Visitors are welcomed without any kind of discrimination.
- Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. The programs respect natural and man-made environments, they brings both cultural and economic enrichment to local communities. The programs aim to deliver a lasting positive image of each destination.
- Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange, and create links between ordinary people in establishing a better world